When I was pregnant, I started seeing these sandals in various places around the web. To purchase them, I saw prices ranging from $8 – $25. Even $8 seemed kind of high but they are just so dang cute. But then, on Pinterest, I found this tutorial. I followed it exactlly and the result was beautiful. I can’t even believe how darling they are. They were very simple to make and took very little time. I think most of my time was spent on cutting the fabric. Best of all, they were FREE to make! I used an old tshirt that was waiting to be donated. They are so soft and sweet and perfect for newborn feet. Do you have any darling project ideas for baby girls?
I have not posted in a few days but I have not forgotten. I am committed to following through on this blogging project. 🙂 I intend to post, at the very least, several times a week. There may be, however, several days that I cannot. My schedule fills up quickly. On a regular basis, I am caring for the girls, developing a routine/schedule, keeping the house clean and cooking dinner. As if that wasn’t enough, I decided that I would take 2 college classes this semester through distance learning. Though I do not actually have to go to campus for my courses, they are going to be keeping me rather busy. Sometimes it seems as if online courses are actually more work than their on-campus equivalents. So, watch for a few more posts in the upcoming days as I seems to have a slight break in coursework (or so I always think before I get behind).
Just for fun, here is my sweet baby S playing in her jumper this morning:
I need to start somewhere so I will begin with a post that I started awhile ago. I got married July 2011. We were on a very tight budget (about $2000) but I still wanted a fabulous wedding so I took on MANY (maybe too many) diy projects. One project that I really enjoyed was making pillowcase dresses for the flower girls.
DIY Pillowcase Dress
The flower girls in my wedding were my 3-year-old twin nieces. In an attempt to save money, I decided to sew their dresses myself. I decided to stray from the traditional white flower girl dress and instead went with a cute, fun aqua polka dot fabric that matched the theme and colors of the wedding.
I found the fabric at Hobby Lobby for 50% off. I think I paid about $3/yard (each dress requires about 1 yard of fabric). Each dress also needed 2 yards of satin ribbon.
I found an excellent tutorial here.
This project was the first clothing item that I made all on my own so it requires very little skill. Sewing the dresses following the tutorial was pretty straightforward. I got stumped a little when I got to the armholes but finally figured it out after reading and re-reading the directions several times. The dresses turned great!
Here is the final product: